Sunday, 3 June 2012

Nigeria's First Ladies: The Governors' Wives



THE FIRST LADIES OF NIGERIA: THE GOVERNORS' WIVES

Today's post is exciting! It took me some time but I am sure you will enjoy it! Nigeria is the most populous black nation on earth. It has 36 states and each of these states is ruled by an Executive Governor. As a saying goes, behind (or beside as some would say) every successful man is a woman.


How much do you know about the First Lady of your state? Do you know that the wife of Governor Ajimobi of Oyo State is from Lebanon? And Governor Aregbesola's wife's favourite food is eba? And that there are FOUR First Ladies in Adamawa State? Read on and delve into the world of some of Nigeria's most flamboyant women: the First Ladies. At the end, please tell us your opinion as to who the most beautiful is! Let's roll!!!
___________________________________________


1. ABIA STATE


Chief (Mrs). Mercy Odochi Orji of Abia State


Chief (Mrs). MERCY ODOCHI ORJI is the wife of Abia State Governor, Chief Theodore Orji. She has five kids for His Excellency. So, Abians, the picture above is the woman at whose mercy is your governor...lol Her quotes:


'My brother, if you don't have God, you've not started in your life; God is everything. Anybody that trusts in God, he will be carrying you higher.'


'I glorify God, he's the architect of everything. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm the First Lady of Abia State because, I didn't dream of it.'


'They say I walk like a soldier, so I need to wear something free.'


Mrs. Orji is a lover of ankara wears and says she cannot wear short skirts or anything that will expose her body. Good!


___________________________________________


2. ADAMAWA STATE


At almost 70 years, Admiral MurtalaNyako of Adamawa state tops the chart with four wives, and all of them are given the official positions of a First Lady, even their official cars carry a common number plate which reads: ADGMH1. The four wives are well-educated and three of them actually have doctorate degrees. The four wives are:


-Justice BINTA NYAKO (in charge of Abuja Affairs)
-Dr. HALIMA NYAKO (in charge of the Health Sector),
-Hajia ZAINAB NYAKO (in charge of Political Affairs and Mobilization)
-Hajia ASMAU NANA NYAKO (in charge of the Home Front)


The four wives have their own first lady letter-headed papers printed for them on the orders of Governor Nyako. Gbogbo enjoyment! lol! Well, I tried my best but I was only able to see the pictures of one of them, and that is Hajia Zainab:


Hajia Zainab Nyako of Adamawa State


___________________________________________


3. AKWA IBOM STATE




Chief (Mrs.) Ekaette Unoma Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State


Born in 1971 in Enugu State, Chief (Mrs.) Ekaette Unoma Akpabio is the sweetheart of Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State. She has four children, three girls and a boy.
__________________________________________


4. ANAMBRA STATE
Mrs. Margaret Peter Obi of Anambra State


Mrs. Margaret Peter Obi (Margaret Brownson Usen) married Governor Peter Obi in 1992.
___________________________________________


5. BAUCHI STATE


Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State has four wives. The fourth and the most recent of them is NAFISAT, daughter of the late President Yar'adua. Nafisat married him at the age of 21 in Katsina in 2009. According to the two of them, courtship started in 2008 when Yuguda paid a visit to the Aso Villa to see President Yar'adua for an official assignment.


Nafisat Yuguda of Bauchi State (daughter of late President Yar'adua)


There, he saw Nafisat and he was struck by the arrow of love! ;) When Nafisat was to have her first baby named Umaru, she was airlifted to the United States (who talk sey money no good?). Nafisat's sister, Zainab, is also a First Lady as she is the third wife of Kebbi State governor, Usman Dakingari. Talk of sisters in power!


Sister First Ladies: Zainab Dakingari of Kebbi (left) and Nafisat Yuguda of Bauchi (right). Both are daughters of former First Lady, Hajia Turai Yar'adua. 


Nafisat Yuguda, First Lady of Bauchi State


Nafisat Yuguda, First Lady of Bauchi State



Nafisat Yuguda, First Lady of Bauchi State
  The second wife is a Yoruba woman from Abeokuta, Ogun State, Hajia ABIODUN HAUWA ISA YUGUDA. When asked the secret of her beauty, she says she does not have a particular beauty routine but takes a lot of water, fruits and vegetables (correct!), she also exercises (Bauchi gym....lol!). Her quotes:


'For example, many people died because they lacked five hundred naira (N500). When you don't have money, you are disabled.'


Hajia Hauwa Abiodun Yuguda
I agree to that one die! :) Check out the pictures of Bauchi's first ladies above. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything on the first and third wives. Please help out if you do have any info on the duo:)
___________________________________________



6. BAYELSA STATE


Governor Henry Seriake Dickson is married to Rachael Dickson. That's all I know...lol! 

__________________________________________

7.  BENUE STATE


Architect (Mrs.) YEMISI DOOSHIMA SUSWAM is the First 

Lady of Benue State. Married to Gabriel Suswam in 1998, she

 is also one of the most fashionable Nigerian women. Her 

quotes: 

'God has been the secret. God that gives the burden will give

 the capability to bear the burden. God did not make a 

mistake by putting us there, He has a reason and everyday, 

we look up to Him for counsel and guidance.'

'I thank God that I read the course architecture in the

 university. They always want you to be a medical doctor but 

I could not do medicine because I could not stand the sight of 

blood. Even up till now, I cannot stand the sight of blood. I 

get easily put off and irritated by the sight of blood.'









'The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, anyone who

 forgets God, will be getting more foolish on a daily basis. 

When you have the knowledge of the word of God, you are 

fulfilled.

'I was born by a woman who is thoroughly fashionable. She

 does not make mistakes combining whatever she wore. My

 mood determines what I want to wear. I wear clothes that 

other people will see and appreciate.'

___________________________________________



8. BORNO STATE



Hajia NANA KASHIM SHETTIMA is the wife of Borno State Governor. She finished from the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) where she bagged a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Language. She is also a diploma holder in Mass Communication. She once paid the fine of N400,000 (four hundred thousand naira) for the release of 46 convicted inmates at the Maiduguri Maximum Prison. She is also a farmer. 


___________________________________________



9. CROSS RIVERS STATE

An Ibo woman, Mrs. OBIOMA IMOKE is the love of Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross Rivers State. Born in 1963, she is a lawyer and an old student of the Federal Government College (FGC), Enugu.
 



She is a mother of four and has pleasantly surprised many with the dramatic loss of her weight. She now looks fitter and trimmer than ever as against her massive frame in the past. Her dad is the first anaesthesiologist in Nigeria.




A last born and a lover of ankara, her name Obioma, means 'good heart'.  



Her quotes: 

'He had this way of looking at me....like this silly girl, I can expect anything coming from you.'

'I disliked going to offices to ask people for jobs, so that was out of the way, that was not how I wanted to make money.'

'Yes, he was my first boyfriend. I think we were one of those lucky people who found their soul mates early in life and just knew it. I always said 'If I don't marry him, then I'll never marry another.''





'I'll tell you, if you are interested in long-distance 

relationship, you should talk to me about it. My husband 

made our relationship interesting; he would record his voice 

and send it to me in school. My friends and I would listen to

 it and giggle, and I would also do the same thing and send 

to him. He did the most interesting things.'







Mrs Imoke is a mother of four. 




'First, it's the grace of God, you can't do it without God. He is 

a good man and allows me express myself. He is quiet but a 

very deep person, and he is also a planner. I have been 

married to him for 19 years and he is very kind. We dated 

for 18 years and he's more of a friend and father to me. '



______________________________________________________________________________





10. DELTA STATE

Deaconess SHEILA ROLI UDUAGHAN holds the forte at Delta State Government House as the lady behind the doctor governor. It was an amazing demonstration of love in October 2011 when she turned 50 (see pix). Her daughter got married when she turned 22 and Mrs. Uduaghan is always proud to mention this to anyone. Let's hear her joor: 





'I am a very restless person but somehow I discovered I could really respect him. It has always been difficult to tell me something and get me to do it, very difficult. But with him, I discovered I was able to succumb and respect him. And that was what attracted me to him. If I am around, I do the personal things like serve his meals. Nobody cleans our bedroom, nobody makes our bed. I still attend to a lot of those personal things. ' 


During her 50th birthday celebrations. 


'Everybody believes that as long as you are a governor's wife, you have the solution to everything. They equate you to God and it can be really overwhelming. Phone calls come in at all hours of the day. Relaxation is not in my dictionary.'


Mrs. Uduaghan


'As a wife, I don't kill myself over burdens that should 

naturally be borne by my husband. That is why I don't have

 any parcel of land or house anywhere in my name of kill 

myself over possessions. That to me, is my husband's 

responsibility. It is left to him to decide whether we (the 

governor's biological family) should live in a house or not ."





'My inspiration is from God. That is what keeps me on and 

what I'm doing is a heavenly assignment and I will make 

sure that it does not fail.'




'You know, God does not make mistakes. If he were to be like 

me, maybe our home would be on fire all the time. Being up

 there has really helped in curtailing my excesses. He is a 

man of few words. If I didn't marry him, I would have 

married and divorced many times by now. '

________________________________________

11. EBONYI STATE



Born in 1948, Chief (Mrs.) Josephine Elechi is married to the 

Ebonyi State Governor, Chief Martin Elechi. They have four 

children, three males and one female. She likes cooking, 

music and travelling. She is Izzi by tribe. 




_________________________________________




12. EDO STATE

The tale of First Lady in Edo State is a tragic one. That is because Governor Adams Oshiomhole (the Comrade Governor) no longer has a First Lady. He lost his dear wife, Mrs. CLARA OSHIOMHOLE to breast cancer. A very simple woman, she was truly a pillar of support for her husband. A mother of five (Cyril, Janet, Winnie, Emmanuel and Steve), she died a few days to the traditional wedding of the family's second daughter in December 2010. 

When the news of her demise reached Governor Oshiomhole, he left his office and wept bitterly. Although she died relatively young, two of her kids are medical doctors, one is an accountant while two are in the university. A very gentle woman, she bore the pains of cancer silently for about three years before she finally lost the battle. She was 54. 



Hear what her husband has to say a year after her death: 

''Life is tough in a quiet moment when you are back in your house, and you realize that you are all by yourself because, whether you like it or not, your first adviser is your wife. There are things that no one else can tell you except your wife. And, for most families, if there is one adviser you can trust, that the advice she gives is an honest advice, it may not be the correct advice but it is honest in the sense that she wishes you well. She is part of you as a wife. In a moment like this, you will get home but you will suddenly found out that you are completely by yourself. There are couples of things you will want to discuss with her and she is not there. It is hard, it is tough. But there are things you just have to reconcile yourself with, like they say, you pray that God just gives you the strength to accept what you cannot change.
Additionally, you have children who are grown up, the girls have all married. The boys are either in school or on their own because they have all grown up. So, you suddenly found out that you are alone in the house. It can be quite lonely, it can be emotionally stressful. But we can’t blame God, we can’t complain.''


May her soul rest in peace. 
_______________________________________________________________________________


13. EKITI STATE



Enter Erelu BISI ADELEYE-FAYEMI, the woman behind the bespectacled and smiling governor of Ekiti, Kayode Fayemi. Very polished and articulate woman, she is also the co-founder of the African Women's Development Fund (AWDF). Her quotes: 

'I agree that it is not appropriate to stop the convoy just because I want to buy Gala. I however do not agree with the assumption that because I am the wife of a governor, my IQ has dropped to single digits.'

Laff wan kill me for that one o...lol!



' My main responsibility is to support my husband.'  

#GBAM!#

___________________________________________


14. ENUGU STATE



Now in her early 30s, Mrs. CLARA CHIBUZOR CHIME is the wife of Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Iheanacho Chime. She grew up in Katsina State and the northern influence is sometimes reflected in her dressings. Interestingly, she hates politics but is in love with gold. Nice combination, I must say! She dislikes politics because it is a game full of deceit and intrigues. 


___________________________________________
15. GOMBE STATE

The First Lady in this northern state is Hajia ADAMA DANKWAMBO. Governor Dankwambo was the former Attorney-General of the Federation. Sadly, I could not see any of her pictures. Got one?

___________________________________________
16. IMO STATE



Mrs. NNEOMA NKECHI ROCHAS OKOROCHA is the Imo State First Lady. 



Her quotes: 

'The grace of God has been sufficient. Once you rely on God and remain focused and look up to Him, God will always help you, particularly over the issue of ensuring that women are carried along in the affairs of the state.'

'When I got married to him, he was somewhat doing well but actually had nothing. Even at that point, most people, especially my people, did not believe in the marriage but somehow I persuaded them that this is the person God wanted me to marry. By the special grace of God, I have six biological children -three girls and three boys -and almost 5,000 adopted children.'
___________________________________________


17.  JIGAWA STATE

Sule Lamido is the Governor of Jigawa State. A father of eleven children, he has two wives: Hajiya AMINA LAMIDO and Hajiya MARYAM LAMIDO. For now, their pictures are not available. 

___________________________________________
18. KADUNA STATE

Born on 20th May, 1953, Mrs. AMINA ELIZABETH YAKOWA is the First Lady of Kaduna State. An educationist, she finished from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) as a history student. She has four children and a set of twin grandchildren. 




Her quotes: 
'I remain grateful to God for choosing Yakowa for me as husband. I am glad to tell you that we have been married now for about 35 years and the union has been very blessed. Sometimes, I get confused on how to describe him. Whether he is a husband or a father or a brother or a friend? Honestly, where he met me and where he has taken me, it is not everyman that can do that.'





'If you don't seek the face of God before marriage, you should know that it will not last. Young people today are in a hurry and don't seek the face of God before making their choice. During our time, we listened to our parents'
'He likes tuwo. Anything that has to do with tuwo and beans. So, anything you bring out of beans or tuwo of any kind. You cannot do without tuwo for him everyday. These are his favourite dishes and I cook myself. 


___________________________________________
19. KANO STATE

Governor Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso is known for strictly keeping his wife from the public. Well, like he did in his first term, he has also done it this time around, and he did it so well that I could not even find her name -not even a trace! Kano readers, kindly help Iyaniwura's Blog (http://betterlife777.blogspot.com/) out with this. Nagode!


___________________________________________
20. KATSINA STATE



Hajia (Dr.) FATIMA SHEMA is in charge here. One of her programmes involved the purchase and distribution of 2,800 goats to women. In one particular phase of the programme, she gave 600 goats to 200 HIV-positive women. The goats were imported from Algeria, Morocco and Niger Republic.  



___________________________________________

21. KEBBI STATE



Hajia Zainab Usman Dakingari (daughter of late President Umar Yar'adua) is the third wife of the Kebbi State Governor. They married in 2008. Details are sketchy about the other wives. This is a trend I have noticed among some northern governors. Information about their wives are painfully difficult to get! 


___________________________________________


22. KOGI STATE

Kogi State Governor, Captain Idris Wada has two First 


Ladies: Hajia HALIMA LADI WADA (first wife) and 


FARIDAH IJEOMA WADA. Hear Hajia Halima: When I can


 afford it, I play golf. 



Picture of the second wife was not available, as much as I tried :( 


_________________________________________
23. KWARA STATE


Deaconess OMOLEWA AHMED is the First Lady in Kwara. 



Hear her: 

'It has been tough; quite tough. Before I assumed office, I thought I knew how people were suffering. But coming into office, I realized that I didn't know or knew too little. That is where these people have found themselves; not that we are better of. We should constantly be reminded that we are just privileged by God.'





___________________________________________
24. LAGOS STATE









Married to one of the best-known governors in Nigeria, Dame (yes, she is a dame too!) ABIMBOLA EMMANUELLA FASHOLA is a very simple woman who needs little introduction. 

___________________________________________
25. NASARAWA STATE



Receiving gifts of foodstuff from women. 


Presenting materials to an orphanage. 


With a sports trophy for Nasarawa youths. 



Nasarawa State is the only one in the Federation with a Congressive for Progressive Change (CPC) governor. The first First Lady is SALAMATU UMARU TANKO AL-MAKURA while the second is Hajiya MAIRO UMARU TANKO AL-MAKURA but her picture is not available. Kindly send Iyaniwura one if you have ;) 

___________________________________________
26. NIGER STATE


The First Lady is Hajiya JUMMAI MU'AZU BABANGIDA 


ALIYU (Madam Chief Servant). 


___________________________________________
27. OGUN STATE

Olufunsho Amosun of Ogun State


Stepping in style. 




Aged 46 years, OLUFUNSHO AMOSUN is the dazzling wife of cap-wearing Governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun. 

__________________________________________


28. ONDO STATE

The Iroko behind the Iroko. 









Mrs. OLUKEMI MIMIKO is the real iroko behind the Iroko (as her husband, Governor Olusegun Mimiko is called). She studied French. 

___________________________________________


29. OSUN STATE

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola is married to ALHAJA SHERIFAT AREGBESOLA. A stickler for ankara and a passionate lover of eba (made from cassava), she is an epitome of simplicity. Her quotes: 





Alhaja Sherifat Aregbesola


'Look, let me tell you, there are things you have to do whether you like it or not. Between him and God, he had promised Allah that if the tribunal declared him winner, he would go to Makkah in Saudi Arabia for thanksgiving which he did.'




'I still do the cooking, and take his food to the office after 


cooking.'




Looking nice. 


'Hardly do you see him get sick or use ordinary Panadol. He doesn't take any self-medication.'

'My children don’t go to parties and if they want to attend a


 party, I must know the type of party they want to attend. 


They must not sleep outside; even if they visit my own 


family, they‘ll have to come back home that night.'



'If he decides to marry another wife, honestly I’m fine with 


his decision. What else do I ask for from a man that is 


upright and truthful? I have known him to be a very 


trustworthy man. If he says no, his no is no; so also his yes is 


yes, and people know him for that. If he likes you, honestly 


he will like everybody in your family. He does not womanize;


 he does not drink alcohol. During our courtship days, he 


would ask if I would be coming the next day and my reply 


would be ‘No, I’m not coming, I will be in my house’. The 


next day, I would go to his place without notifying him, just 


to check whether he had another girlfriend but what I found 


out was a man locking himself in the room reading books. 


And for all these years of marriage, if the man is with you, he 


doesn’t womanize, he doesn’t drink, he doesn’t beat you, he 


takes good care of you and your family, so what else do you 


need as a woman? I will just ask him what I have done; if he 


says nothing, I just want another wife, I will urge him to 


follow the guidelines of Islam in doing that.'




___________________________________________
30. OYO STATE



Born on the 5th of April, 1959, Mrs. FLORENCE AJIMOBI is


 the wife of the ever-smiling Oyo State Governor, Abiola 


Ajimobi. 







She is of the popular Hajaig family from Lebanon and is into


 fashion designing in addition to running the family business.







 She is a mother of five: Ajijola, Abolaji, Abisola, Abimbola 


and Ajibola (so many hhhaaaass....lol!)


___________________________________________
31. PLATEAU STATE







NGO TALATU JANG is the woman of Air Commodore (rtd) 


Jonah Jang's heart. A nurse, she is from the Jaba tribe from 


Kaduna State













___________________________________________

32. RIVERS STATE


Dame (yes na, another dame!) JUDITH AMAECHI was born on the 24th of December, 1970.


 An old girl of Federal Government Girls College (FGGC), Abuloma, she is the wife of Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. 




She is a mother of three. 



_________________________________________________________________________________ 
33. SOKOTO STATE

Governor Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko (I just lost 16 of my teeth!) has two wives and they are both full-time housewives, gaskiya! The two women actually do not parade themselves as first ladies. What first ladies do in other states is handled by the Commissioner for Women Affairs in Sokoto State. That sounds very cool, isn't it?  

The Governor guards them jealously and hey are very rarely seen in public (so forget the pictures joor!). In fact, they stay mainly in Wamakko which is their husband's hometown instead of Sokoto, the state capital. Northern first ladies are an amazing breed indeed! 

___________________________________________

34. TARABA STATE

Hajia HAUWA DANBABA SUNTAI is the wife of the pharmacist governor of Taraba State. At a point, she travelled to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates with the wives of the 16 local governmen chairmen, assistants and friends. Don't ask me what they went to do there ;) Once again, I couldn't lay my hands on her picture. I will keep hunting and once I find it, Iyaniwura's Blog (http://betterlife777.blogspot.com/) is the first place you will see it. That's a promise! 

___________________________________________






35. YOBE STATE

Governor Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe State is a polygamist but 


he lost one of his wives, Hajia ZAINAB GEIDAM in 2011 in


Abuja. May her soul rest in peace. That's the bit I could get 


from Damaturu. 

___________________________________________




36. ZAMFARA STATE

Of all the states, I must confess that Zamfara was the most 


difficult and obscure as far as First Ladies are concerned. 


Even getting info on the Governor (Abdulazeez Abubakar 


Yari) was enough trouble. Right now, I cannot ascertain the 


number, not to talk of the pictures of his wives. But we keep


 searching and if you can help us out, Iyaniwura's Blog 


(http://betterlife777.blogspot.com/) is always grateful! 


THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND LET US KNOW YOUR 


VIEW (ESPECIALLY AS TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF


 THEM ALL :)









PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS BELOW (YOU CAN SELECT ANONYMOUS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE IDs DEMANDED FOR). WE WILL BE GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU AT IYANIWURA. THANK YOU







































































17 comments:

  1. It took me time too to finish reading this lovely,well constructed,interesting post with captivating pictures too,but it was worth it.thanks for always taking your time to educate and update us with your irresistable posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY HEAD IS SWELLING O! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv dos pictures. Thanx 4 d updates too, looking 4ward to bin d kwara 1st lady somday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waow! That is a very wonderful dream, you can achieve it. Thanks for your time and kind complements :)

      Delete
  4. Olaosebikan Kayode3 June 2012 at 23:24

    i think Ogun state 1st lady is the most beautiful of them all followed by Enugu,Ekiti and Lagos in that order. Iyaniwura, this is a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Law, I agree with your ranking but I hope you are not from Ogun State o...lol! Thank you so much for your time and encouraging words. Enjoy your day ;)

      Delete
  5. DEACONESS OMOLEWA AHMED?,THE FIRST LADY OF KWARA STATE.DO YOU MEAN SHE HOLDS A MINISTERIAL POST IN CHURCH AS A CORE PRACTICING CHRISTIAN?.THIS IS INTERESTING TO KNOW.FUNNY ENOUGH,ITS NOT REFLECTING IN HER DRESSINGS.KWARA STAT-STATE OF HARMONY!.GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, SHE IS O.....LOL! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME :)

      Delete
  6. That was not enough Information on the first ladies, in this modern day Tecknology I can even find my Mum Photo on Google. You ppl should come out of your darkness and stop accepting less as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyaniwura will appreciate it if you can provide any information you have. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Very interesting reading. you got it wrong about Kogi. Kogi state has only one first lady in the person of hajiya halima wada. the other person is unknown to the people of the state. She has just been trying to force herself into the media as first lady of the state. I worked at the golf club and I was witness to how the Ijeoma woman forced her way into marrying the governor with a forced pregnancy. she was a woman that everybody was sleeping with, the scandal was much. that kind of woman cannot be first lady. if you do more research into the first lady, you will find out she is a very unassuming woman, very calm but you know us men, how we behave now. we should start doing a background check into our leaders and their spouses so that only the best get to lead us. which one is four first ladies? is nigeria an Islamic republic? did they write first lady in their quran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have admitted that she married the governor (with a forced pregnancy). And this really has nothing to do with religion. It is an attempt to chronicle all the First Ladies in Nigeria. Thanks a lot for your time and contribution. Very much appreciated.

      Delete
  8. Interesting piece. I happen to interact with governor's wives in the course of my work. A few corrections: The government @ state & and national level recognises just 1 wife at a time as first lady of a state - it is obvious Mrs Jonathan prefers the 1st wife.In reality,there is no such thing as multiple 1st ladies in 1 state -its just not practiceable and sustainable esp in d wake of vicious opposition and a more discerning electorate.It means u need 2 duplicate offices,support staff,allowances etc.In Adamawa, the controversy was laid to rest yrs ago when Turai Yaradua endorsed wife No4, Justice Binta Nyako (also a native of her state Katsina), who also doubled as chairperson Northern Govs wives associatn. Binta stepped aside after 4yrs and d 1st wife is now d 1st Lady.In Nassarawa, Madam Jonathan warned d 2nd wife to stop parading herself as 1st lady.In Zamfara,the 1st wife Asmau Yari is the 1st lady despite the 2nd (Hadiza) being d daughter of influential Umaru Shinkafi.In Kogi,d 1st wife is the 1st lady even though d 2nd hails 4rm d south, she didn't get solidarity 4rm Madam Jonathan. The Yaradua sisters are no more 1st ladies o...Madam P no gree and I dnt blame her given d insensitivity displayd by those kidz and their mother-its agonising enough dat u r marrying their husband;u compound it by dethroning dem midway thru d govs tenures. In kebbi, d 1st wife was restored after Yaradua's death. (Naija Men r a classic!) Let's just hope the impact of their charitable activities is felt by d populace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aysha...you just blew Iyaniwura's mind with your very detailed explanation. Thank you so much!!! I learnt a lot :)

      Delete
    2. Very very true Aysha u have said it all I dnt see d reason y our men in naija most especially d notherners cnt nt be as organised as dat of d southerners despite d fact dat islam allows more than a wife dat dznt mean they cnt do wht is right or approprite y am sayin dis is bcoz if d first wife is educated or rather learnerd y then will they assign d 2nd or third 2 b d first lady of dat state its a shame on d notherner govns it shows dey cnt even control tre home talk more controlin d state!

      Delete
  9. You have a very nice collection here, Keep the good work going. i will like to have some issues treated with you personally via email if you don't mind. contact me via rotarian_yemit@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyaniwura has sent you a mail. Thanks a lot for your time :)

      Delete