Their capsule is that giant round thing by the right of the female astronaut. Billions of dollars was expended into the project but it is worth it.
China's first female astronaut, LIU YANG (33 years), and two other members of the crew Jing Haipeng (45 years) and Liu Wang (43 years) have returned back safely to earth after spending almost two weeks in space performing some of the most complicated manoeuvers in space. Their craft parachuted down to safety and landed on the grasslands on the Inner Mongolia region of the country around 0200 GMT (I love it when astronauts land on earth, it is so majestic!)
Saluting the nation
China's first female astronaut. When will a lady astronaut wear the Nigerian green-white-green? I shake my head with sadness at our leaders.
The three astronauts floating in space. China has declared the mission a complete success. I agree.
All the three astronauts are experienced pilots in the Chinese Air Force and all appeared in good health as they smiled, waved and saluted before cameras.
For the love of the country.
This achievement is one that has been made only by two other nations: the United States of America and Russia. China is now third. Will Nigeria be the fourth?
"Tiangong 1, our home in space, was comfortable and pleasant. We're very proud of our nation," Liu said Yang.
Before they left Earth, she said: "We won't let you down. We
will work together and successfully complete this mission.''
And yes, they did make over 1.3 billion Chinese (+ this
Nigerian blogger) very proud indeed.
Even though I am not Chinese, I am really really proud of this feat but when will our own come?












No comments:
Post a Comment